Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Musings # 3

Its almost time for the school holidays (well actually a four day weekend but still awesome). Its made me think about how fast the term has gone and how much I've achieved. I'm sure I'm not alone in looking back and thinking, "I could have done more or done things better."
 This has inspired the direction of this weeks quotes that perk me up for the week a head.




Often when I have stacks of work to do, I start daydreaming and that's when my flat gets cleaned from top to bottom. Which usually means I have to get up at 3am to complete what needed to be done in time for work on Monday morning. Basically my procrastination is preventing me from a) getting a good nights sleep and b) having time to follow my dreams.



I think everyone should be less afraid of changing course in life. If something didn't go your way or someone isn't contributing to your life in a positive and joyful way then 'adjust your sails' and find a better course.



This should be tattooed on me. I'm terrified of not ticking off my bucket list and visiting every place I've seen in travel books. Right or wrong, I've always wanted a full passport more than I've wanted a permanent home.



I think anyone who knows me will think this is a great prayer...to say daily. 



Lupita Nyong'o is a beautiful woman with amazing talent but now that I've seen this quote I adore her even more. There is so much pressure (and expense) to fit into a western version of pretty that we forget its not what really matters. Beautiful in equals beautiful out.



Not sure what is in the water right now but I seem to have a lot of women pining for bad men around me. We've all had that one (or several) relationship that we should have walked away from but its tough and sometimes we keep going back. The above quote helps me think of the future. We all deserve decent loving relationships. Its all about having the courage to walk away from what we know and towards something better.

* all the links for the pictures are found below each picture*







No comments:

Post a Comment