Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Decor Love

I think I'm just one of those people that needs constant change in my life. If I'm not planning a trip, planning a wardrobe for the next season or planning a move then I'll start rearranging my home to make it new and different. Sameness bores me to tears. This is probably why I love Pinterest so much. I can sit for hours browsing through people's boards mentally putting my dream home (for this year) together. Despite being in Cape Town for over 2 years, I still don't have my home together as I would really want it to be. So here are some of the images that I'm using to plan the decor for my home over this coming year :) Enjoy!

I really love anything to do with skulls, the ocean, animal print and insects. Someday I'm going to stumble upon the most beautiful old insect prints and frame them like above. 


I'm quite blessed to live in an old large flat and I have an area that would make the most perfect reading nook. It's not cut into the house like this but there is a sizable window that I can give a Hitchcock vibe.


Grey seems to be my go-to colour of choice lately and this image looks so perfectly cool, chic and comfortable. Everything that I want in my lounge area.


Although I have lots of space and all the mirrors would help visually enlarge a small room, I love the dramatic impact that this gives a room. I'd probably do the walls in a stormy blue grey and have lighter grey accents. Antique mirrors are currently being added to my shopping list.


I do NOT have a green finger. Part of the reason is that I keep forgetting to water my plants. Succulents are the perfect plant for me then. They add a bit of colour, fit in with my colour scheme and are completely low maintenance.


I have so many magazines and books lying around that I'm freakishly attached to. This solves my problem of not having enough chairs for guests and still holding onto my collection.


Lastly my work-space...currently I just work on my bed but this needs to stop. I'd like to have a open clean space like above. There is something about the desk above that makes me want to do some marking.

*all the images above are found on my Pinterest boards*






2 comments: