Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Reminiscing


On the weekend I was digging around in my cupboards, trying to do a spring clean and minimize all the stuff that I've collected. Half way through this I found my Sex and the City series box-set. Well...after that, not much happened except that I glued myself to my couch and visited with Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. 
I know I'm not the only one who feels this way but that show gave us some brilliant bits of advice on sex, love and friendships. And the outfits! All my female friends found a kinship with at least one of the ladies and could identify with her choices or direction. Each episode was discussed with in detail over cocktails and snacks. 
I'm one of those women who bought the books detailing the breakdown of each women's wardrobe for the series and both films. I am that obsessed.

Here are a few of my favourite quotes and outfits from SATC

'After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're lucky, a plane ride away.' Carrie


'Who? The White Knight? That only happens in fairytales.' Miranda


'Don't laugh at me, but maybe we could be each others soul mates? And then we could let men be just these great nice guys to have fun with.' Charlotte


'Listen to me! The right guys is an illusion. Start living your lives.' Samantha


'They say nothing lasts forever;dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.' Carrie


'The witch in Hansel and Gretl--she's very misunderstood. I mean, the woman builds her dream house and those brats come along and start eating it.' Miranda


'But I don't want to skip all the drama. That's life' Charlotte


'Yeah, I am harsh. I'm also demanding, stubborn, self-sufficient and always right.' Samantha


and one of my favorites:


Going home now to watch season 6 (the best season cause there is Paris)





No comments:

Post a Comment