Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Decor Ideas

Beds on the Floor

I'm in the process of redecorating and want to move into my spare room and make my current bedroom the room for visiting family and friends. So far I have painted the walls (what a pain!!!) and bought curtains, some picture frames and a bookcase. Now I need to buy another bed and this is where I am looking to stray from the norm just a little. 


I've been seeing quite a few blogs recently that show a boho/ minimalist/ scandi look with the bed on the floor. There is something about this that I love. My reasons for this being a great idea for my home are the following:


1. I have a irrational fear of rolling off the bed in the middle of the night (it's happened to me, only once but still...)



2. The other thing that goes through my mind when I see the images is they all look so effortless and relaxed which is super important for me in terms of my bedroom. I love my bedroom and sleep, eat, watch series, read and just daydream there, especially in winter.



3. There is a camping child-like feel about this that suits me. The older I get, the less I want to grow up and go with the flow.


4. Makes me feel like a rebel, just a teeny weeny bit.


The images are from https://www.pinterest.com/wiretapstudios/bed-on-floor-low-bed-ideas/ unless otherwise stated.



No comments:

Post a Comment